East Mountain High School seeks to be a model college preparatory school, offering education to prepare each student to succeed in college. As we have pioneered this type of education in New Mexico, we have learned that there are three qualities we look for in each teacher who joins our team:
We want teachers who are passionate about their subject matters of expertise and understand their primary role in assuring students’ learning and mastery of subject matter and college preparatory skills. As a result, we seek ways for our students not just to be exposed to our subjects; rather, we want students to engage in the information and look at ways to understand it, apply it, and synthesize how it connects to other knowledge.
We want teachers who see themselves as learners as well as providers of knowledge, which means we want teachers to want to be part of a learning community and collaborate with their peers in each of their responsibilities:
- Student Advocate of approximately fifteen (15) students that the teacher follows and supports for four years.
- Department member who seeks from colleagues and provides to colleagues feedback in order to develop best practices to improve student learning in a discipline.
- Course level teacher who is collaborating with a peer teacher and seeking common assessment data to learn how to improve student learning
- Practitioner of pedagogy who is devoted to following research-based practices and willing to take some risks to improve practice in general as well as that seek to reach students who aren’t achieving at the level the teacher would expect.
While there are currently no faculty openings, we encourage dynamic teachers who would like to join our school to send a resume and letter of interest at any time to firstname.lastname@example.org
For any open positions, please send the following items to Gwen Brown via email at email@example.com:
- a letter of interest
- a resume
- (for teachers) a one page statement of teaching philosophy
EAST MOUNTAIN HIGH SCHOOL SEEKS THE FOLLOWING POSITIONS FOR THE 2019-2020 SCHOOL YEAR:
Coaches: East Mountain High School seeks Coaches for
Coaching license through PED, background check required. Prior experience desired but not required. Send resume to Gwen Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bus Drivers: Qualified bus driver for school activity trips CDL w/P & S endorsements & background check reqd. Part time, as-needed position, No benefits. Email letter of interest, resume, refs to email@example.com EOE.