East Mountain High School seeks to be a model college preparatory school, offering education to prepare each student to succeed in college. As we have pioneered this type of education in New Mexico, we have learned that there are three qualities we look for in each teacher who joins our team:
We want teachers who are passionate about their subject matters of expertise and understand their primary role in assuring students’ learning and mastery of subject matter and college preparatory skills. As a result, we seek ways for our students not just to be exposed to our subjects; rather, we want students to engage in the information and look at ways to understand it, apply it, and synthesize how it connects to other knowledge.
We want teachers who see themselves as learners as well as providers of knowledge, which means we want teachers to want to be part of a learning community and collaborate with their peers in each of their responsibilities:
- Student Advocate of approximately fifteen (15) students that the teacher follows and supports for four years.
- Department member who seeks from colleagues and provides to colleagues feedback in order to develop best practices to improve student learning in a discipline.
- Course level teacher who is collaborating with a peer teacher and seeking common assessment data to learn how to improve student learning
- Practitioner of pedagogy who is devoted to following research-based practices and willing to take some risks to improve practice in general as well as that seek to reach students who aren’t achieving at the level the teacher would expect.
If no employment openings are available, we will accept applications and keep them on file for a year. Please send the following items to Gwen Brown via email at email@example.com:
- a letter of interest
- a resume
- (for teachers) a one page statement of teaching philosophy
East Mountain High School seeks Humanities Teacher for 2018-2019 school year. Social Studies endorsement is a plus. Requires NMPED Teaching license with endorsement in content area and approved Background Check. Email letter of interest, resume and 1-page teaching philosophy to EMHS Attn: Gwen Brown, firstname.lastname@example.org EOE
East Mountain High School seeks full-time Math Teacher for 18-19 school year, current NM PED license w/subject endorsement req’d, Science endorsement a plus. Email letter of interest, resume and 1-page teaching philosophy to EMHS Attn: Gwen Brown, email@example.com EOE
C-Team Volleyball Coach
East Mountain High School is seeking C-Team Volleyball Coach for 18-19 season.
PED coach lic required. Submit resume & letter of interest to Dave Naylor, AD, at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 505-977-0250. EOE
Need qualified bus drivers for activity trips. CDL with school bus endorsement required. This is a part-time, as-needed position-no benefits apply. $13.00/hour. Please e-mail letter of interest with resume and references to Gwen Brown at email@example.com