East Mountain High School seeks to be a model college preparatory school, offering education to prepare each student to succeed in college. As we have pioneered this type of education in New Mexico, we have learned that there are three qualities we look for in each teacher who joins our team:
We want teachers who are passionate about their subject matters of expertise and understand their primary role in assuring students’ learning and mastery of subject matter and college preparatory skills. As a result, we seek ways for our students not just to be exposed to our subjects; rather, we want students to engage in the information and look at ways to understand it, apply it, and synthesize how it connects to other knowledge.
We want teachers who see themselves as learners as well as providers of knowledge, which means we want teachers to want to be part of a learning community and collaborate with their peers in each of their responsibilities:
- Student Advocate of approximately fifteen (15) students that the teacher follows and supports for four years.
- Department member who seeks from colleagues and provides to colleagues feedback in order to develop best practices to improve student learning in a discipline.
- Course level teacher who is collaborating with a peer teacher and seeking common assessment data to learn how to improve student learning
- Practitioner of pedagogy who is devoted to following research-based practices and willing to take some risks to improve practice in general as well as that seek to reach students who aren’t achieving at the level the teacher would expect.
We encourage dynamic teachers who would like to join our innovative school to please send the following items to Gwen Brown via email at email@example.com:
- a letter of interest
- a resume
- (for teachers) a one page statement of teaching philosophy
Substitute Spanish Teacher
EMHS is looking for a Spanish substitute teacher beginning March 15, 2021 and continuing through May 20, 2021. During this two month period, the substitute will assume the responsibilities for three Spanish classes (Level 2 and Level 4) that began on January 4, 2021. The class syllabus, assignments, and expectations will be already designed when the substitute takes over. The learning mode will most likely be remote or fully online; however, there is a possibility of shifting into a hybrid learning mode (some in-person and some online). Candidates with Spanish education/
East Mountain High School is always looking for interested coaches for our athletics program. During the 2020-2021 school year, sport seasons may not occur during the traditionally expected time. We will continue to follow the NMAA’s updates. Currently, EMHS is searching for:
Head Golf Coach
Cross Country Assistant Coach
Baseball Assistant Coach
Track and Field Assistant Coach
Coaching license through PED and background check required. Prior experience desired but not required. Send resume to Gwen Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bus Drivers: Qualified bus driver for school activity trips CDL w/P & S endorsements & background check reqd. Part time, as-needed position, No benefits. Email letter of interest, resume, refs to email@example.com EOE.